Update at 2:00pm, October 27, 2020
Update at 9:00am, October 23, 2020
What a crazy 24 hours we’ve had! Thank you again to everyone who reached out with words of encouragement and support. We are honoured to continue to serve this community we love so much. Just to reiterate…
Thank you again for all your support and understanding!
Update at 6:30pm, October 22, 2020:
We appreciate our community’s words of encouragement and enquiries about this recent situation.
Working in consultation with Peterborough Public Health, the Lansdowne St. location will reopen Friday, October 23 at 9:00 am. The store will be staffed with employees who did not come in contact with the employee who tested positive.
Customers should feel confident that the sanitization of the store that took place today and the existing COVID-19 protocols will offer everyone a safe shopping environment. The good news is that our staff member who tested positive is on the mend, and this seems to be an isolated incident. We pray for the continued well-being of our community.
We will reopen at our Lansdowne St location with regular hours with the exception of closing early on Friday, October 23 (Open 9:00am – 6:00pm) and Thursday, October 29 (Open 9:00am – 6:00pm). Our other two locations, Water St. and Lindsay, remain open with regular hours.
Update at 8:00am, Thursday October 22, 2020
We found out last evening, that one of our Jo Anne’s Place team members who works at our Lansdowne St. location has tested positive for COVID-19. We immediately contacted Peterborough Public Health and are taking the following steps to secure our workplace:
– We have closed the storefront of our Lansdowne St. location and are having the store professionally cleaned and sanitized today (Thursday October 22).
– All Jo Anne’s Place employees have been notified
– Employees that may have come into close contact with this employee will quarantine.
Public Health has stated that they do not have any concerns for the general public who have been shopping at the store, as this employee has not worked at, or visited our store since Thursday October 15th. Our other two locations, Water St in Peterborough and Lindsay, will remain open at this time. We will continue to follow all safety protocols and precautions.
The health and safety of our staff and community remain our priority. We thank you for your support and understanding.
Jo Anne’s Place Health Foods
As ambassadors for health and wellness within our community, we wanted to share with you the steps we are taking to ensure a happy, healthy and clean environment. We are doing our best to protect both our customers and our staff in a positive way, while being mindful to our commitment to natural health. We want to do our best to continue to serve you and provide you with your essential necessities.
• We have increased our cleaning schedule throughout our stores, but particularly on high touch areas including baskets & carts, credit card machines, door handles and more.
• We have halted our “Bring your own container” program for our bulk products, certain in-store events including demos & makeovers and our Open Farm Recycling Program.
• We have installed plexi-glass barriers for our till staff.
• We have set up queues at the stores to give customers a visual as to how to physically distance while shopping and waiting at the till.
• We have returned select product testers to our cosmetics department but we ask that you allow our staff to assist you with all testers.
• We will have alcohol-based sanitizer available at the front door when it is available.
• We are allowing our customers to bring in their reusable bags but we do ask that you leave your bags in your shopping cart instead of placing on the counter.
• We have asked our staff not to report to work if they have any cold or flu like symptoms. or are feeling less than 100%.
Please note that most of our suppliers have been able to catch up with production, however we are still experiencing some shortages and have had to limit the purchases some items
We appreciate everyone who is increasing proper hand washing, physically distancing and sanitizing high touch areas in their home, office and car.
“We hope to see a lot of kindness within our community, as we implement Peterborough Public Health’s new mask directive. All are welcome in our stores without judgement. It is important to remember that we have no idea what someone else might be going through. We ask everyone to be kind, patient and help inspire emotional wellness.”Sharon Walker,
General Manager, Jo Anne’s Place
We love our community and want to say thank you for your patience as we do our best to meet the demands of this time. We are doing our best to keep essential items in stock. Our buyers are keeping up with orders as usual and likewise our suppliers are doing their best to keep up with demand. We are focusing on keeping our locations clean and safe to shop in and serving those in the store. We may be a bit slower to answer the phone, emails and messages but we care deeply about your well being and appreciate your understanding.
Thank you for your support and we will continue to be an ambassador in health and wellness, now and for future generations.