Here At Jo Anne’s Place…
- We are open with in-store shopping at all 3 locations, monitoring customer capacity. See our store hours here.
- We are offering temporary curbside pickup at all 3 locations. See details & place your order here.
- ’76 Sips Café (located in our Lansdowne St. location) is also open with delicious nutrition on-the-go. See menu here.
- To be mindful to those most susceptible to COVID 19, we are focusing the first hour we’re open specifically to serving those individuals who are more vulnerable. This includes our elderly, expecting mothers and immune-vulnerable customers.
- We have increased our cleaning schedule throughout our stores, but particularly on high touch areas including baskets & carts, credit card machines, door handles and more.
- We have plexi-glass barriers for our till staff and have set up queues at the stores to give customers a visual as to how to physically distance while shopping and waiting at the till.
- We have returned select product testers to our cosmetics department but we ask that you allow our staff to assist you with all testers.
- We will have alcohol-based sanitizer available at the front door when it is available.
- We are allowing our customers to bring in their reusable bags but we do ask that you leave your bags in your shopping cart instead of placing on the counter.
- We have asked our staff not to report to work if they have any cold or flu like symptoms. or are feeling less than 100%.
Please note that most of our suppliers have been able to catch up with production, however we are still experiencing some shortages and have had to limit the purchases some items
As ambassadors for health and wellness within our community, we wanted to share with you the steps we are taking to ensure a happy, healthy and clean environment. We are doing our best to protect both our customers and our staff in a positive way, while being mindful to our commitment to natural health. We want to do our best to continue to serve you and provide you with your essential necessities.
We ask at this time that our customers:
- Do not come into the store if you or someone you are in close contact with has cold or flu-like symptoms or has traveled in the last month.
- Maintain safe physical distance of 6 feet between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask while shopping per the directive of Peterborough Public Health
- Allow the first hour we are open at each location for individuals who are considered to be more vulnerable. This includes our elderly, expecting mothers and immune-vulnerable customers.
- Be prepared to wait outside as we monitor customer capacity.
We appreciate everyone who is increasing proper hand washing, physically distancing and sanitizing high touch areas in their home, office and car.
Jo Anne’s Place is complying with all Peterborough Public Health regulations including mandatory mask-wearing.
We have decide to honour the limited exemptions as set out by the provincial government and enforced by local public health authority.
You do not need to wear a face covering if you:
- have a medical condition that inhibits your ability to wear a face covering
- are unable to put on or remove your face covering without help from someone else
- are receiving accommodations according to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 or the Human Rights Code
To read more on the provincial guidelines regarding mask wearing, please follow the link here.
Our staff are required by public health to approach any customer who is not wearing a mask to ensure:
- The customer is aware of the provincial mandatory mask policy.
- The customer has a legitimate reason (as per provincial exemptions) for not wearing a mask.
We also take this opportunity to remind the customer to maintain 2 meters from staff and other customers and to consider our curbside pick-up service as an option.
Our goal is to ensure everyone feels safe and comfortable while shopping in our stores, but we know this can be challenging given the times.
If you would like to speak further on this with our general manager please email email@example.com.
We love our community and want to say thank you for your patience as we do our best to meet the demands of this time. We are doing our best to keep essential items in stock. Our buyers are keeping up with orders as usual and likewise our suppliers are doing their best to keep up with demand. We are focusing on keeping our locations clean and safe to shop in and serving those in the store. We may be a bit slower to answer the phone, emails and messages but we care deeply about your well being and appreciate your understanding.
Thank you for your support and we will continue to be an ambassador in health and wellness, now and for future generations.