As we move into Winter, it’s frosty landscapes and cozy gatherings call for warming wholesome food. In today’s blog post, we’re excited to share a delicious ’76 Sips recipe for Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Dip!
This Roasted Red Pepper Dip exudes comfort, rich flavours, amazing nutrients, and the hearty warmth that this season is known for. With a blend of the smoky sweetness of roasted red peppers and a medley of seasonal herbs and spices, this dip is perfect for entertaining or a cozy day at home. Add it to a sandwich or enjoy it with some organic corn chips or vegetables.
This recipe is Dairy Free, Grain/Gluten Free, Paleo, Refined Sugar-Free, Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal, Vegan, and Whole30.
3 Organic Red Bell Pepper
6 Cloves of Garlic
1 tbsp of Olive Oil
3/4 cup of Cashews (Soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes)
1/2 tsp of Salt
1/4 tsp of Paprika
1 tbsp of Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp of Pepper
Fresh herbs and/or nuts for garnishing
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit).
2. Place the peppers and peeled garlic cloves on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Bake in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the peppers have wilted and the skin begins to darken. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
4. Once cool enough to handle, remove the skin from the peppers, cut in half and take out the seeds and stem.
5. Place the peppers, garlic cloves, drained cashews, 2 tbsp of water, lemon juice, salt, and paprika in a blender. Blend and add more water until the dip reaches your desired consistency.
Grab some Neal Brother’s Corn Chips, St. Anne’s Bread, or Pfennings Organic Carrots for dipping! All ingredients are available at Jo Anne’s Place – See our store hours here.