Fall is in the air, and that means it’s the perfect time to indulge in the warm and comforting flavours of the season. If you’re looking for a delicious way to embrace autumn’s bounty and in-season produce, you’ve come to the right place. In today’s blog post, we’re sharing a delicious ’76 Sips recipe for Apple Cinnamon Crumb Muffins.
These muffins are the embodiment of all things cozy and comforting, with tender chunks of apple, a hint of cinnamon, and a delightful crumb topping that will leave you craving for more. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe is easy to follow and promises to deliver muffins that are both visually stunning and incredibly tasty. So, grab your apron, preheat your oven, and let’s get ready to whip up these delectable apple cinnamon crumb muffins that are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a sweet afternoon treat!
Ingredients: (Makes 12)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup AP flour
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 large eggs, room temp.
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup non-dairy milk
1 1/2 cups apples (peeled, chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees, line muffin tin with liners, set aside.
2. Make crumb topping (combine ingredients, do not overmix to prevent a paste).
4. Using a handheld mixer, beat butter and both sugars until light in colour and creamy (approx. 2 minutes). Add eggs, yogurt, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute, then increase to high speed until fully combined. Alternate adding dry ingredients and milk until fully combined (do not overmix). Fold in apples.
5. Using an ice cream scoop, spoon the mixture into muffin liners, filling to the top. Sprinkle approx. 1 1/2 tbsp crumble on each muffin, pressing into batter lightly.
6. Bake for 5 minutes at 425 degrees, then reduce to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 15 – 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in tin for 5 minutes before removing.
Can freeze for up to 3 months, once thawed consume within three days. All ingredients are available at Jo Anne’s Place – See our store hours here.