Summer puts us in the mood for delicious, fresh foods and this salad is no exception! Enjoy the best of the season with all the nutritional benefits that RAW fruits and veggies give us!
– Fresh organic spinach and/or arugula
– Fresh organic berries (we used strawberries & blueberries)
– Fresh organic kiwis (1-2)
-Handful of raw organic pecans
– Handful of fresh organic sprouts
– Chunks of cheese to taste
*Use any ripe fruit you want! Grapes, apples, or peaches would be a delicious addition
– 1 cup strawberries
– 1 or 2 pitted dates (depending on your desired sweetness)
– 1/4 cup of avocado oil
– 1/2 cup water
Toss spinach and arugula together, cut up strawberries, cheese and onion and combine with berries and pecans. Feel free to chop up the pecans into smaller pieces if you prefer or leave them whole.
For the dressing:
Soak dates in hot water until soft if needed. Then place berries, water, and dates in blender on high till puréed. Then while the blender is on low, slowly pour in oil to combine. Pour onto your salad and mix loosely. Store leftovers in an air-tight glass container and keep in the fridge or freeze.