04 Jan Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
Warm up over a bowl of this tasty wholesome chili. Drop us a line on social media when you give it a try!
Prep Time: 30 minutes prep, 6 hours cooking
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 sprinkle of chili peppers
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 1/4 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 2 cans of drained, rinsed navy beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 chicken breast
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro for serving – keep your remaining cilantro fresh by trimming the bottoms and placing in fresh water
- Sliced avocado for serving
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 4 minutes minutes. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds more.
- Place all ingredients in crock pot (aside from toppings) and cook on low for 6 hours. When chicken is cookies thoroughly, shred it with a fork and place back in the crock pot.
- Top your serving with fresh lime juice, cilantro & avocado slices!