18 Nov DIY Dried Citrus Décor
Christmas time is magical. But often we find ourselves surrounded by decorations that will get thrown out by the new year. These dried citrus decorations are a great low-waste decoration option! With just a few simple steps, you can enjoy this natural décor in your own home:
- First, choose your citrus fruit! You don’t have to stick with just oranges…mandarins, blood oranges, grapefruit and even lemons all add an appealing mixture of different color tones & designs.
- Thinly slice your citrus the thinner the quicker they will dehydrate but you don’t want them to be too thin they will not hold their shape. Around a 1/4 inch i a good guideline.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Next place the slices onto a baking drying rack and place that rack onto a baking sheet or directly into your oven.
- Set the timer for 30 minutes and check on your slices and flip them over. Then set your timer for another 30 minutes. Check again and either take out or keep in oven for another 10-15 minutes depending on the dryness of the slices.
- Once dry to the touch, remove from the oven and allow to cool. Then use as you wish! These dried citrus make lovely tree ornaments or a simple garland with a little string. You could even add some fresh greenery to your citrus garland to drape along the fireplace mantle or across your kitchen window.