16 Nov Spiced Banana Muffins
- 4 over ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups organic light spelt flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin tins with biodegradable paper liners.
- Stir together the mashed bananas, coconut oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla until combined.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, spices and salt. Carefully mix with wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes, test with a fork. If it comes out clean, you’re good to go.
- Enjoy warm or cooled down!