08 Nov Nourishing Vegan Squash Soup
It’s late autumn, and we’re all feeling it. Don’t let the cold and flu season get you down, nourish your whole body with good foods like this delicious vegan soup!
- 1 large butternut squash
- 3-5 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup coconut cream or nut milk
- 2 cups veggie broth
- Coconut kefir or yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, then place halves face down in the oven on a baking sheet. Roast for 40 minutes or until fork-tender. Scoop out the squash from the skin once it has slightly cooled.
- Warm up a tablespoon of olive oil in a dutch oven or large pot. Add chopped onion and sizzle on medium till translucent. Add the garlic for less than a minute.
- Add all the spices and stir in with the garlic & onions till fragrant.
- Add the butternut squash, olive oil & veggie broth and bring to a boil. Then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream or nut milk.
- Mix all ingredients either with a hand-blender or wait till soup has cooled and mix in a blender in batches. Enjoy with a topping of coconut kefir!pri