22 Sep Loaded Whole Food Nachos
This is such a fun meal that can be assembled in less than 15 minutes!
It feels like you are having a cheat dinner when it is really packed full of veggies, protein and fibre that your whole family will enjoy!
You really only need about 1/4-1/2 lb of ground beef for a meal like this that can feed a family of 6. This leaves you with seasoned browned ground beef ready made in the fridge for other meals that week such as a pasta dish, quesadillas, tacos, omelette, etc. It also makes this a very cost effective organic whole food meal.
- 1/2 bag of Corn chips ( Neal brothers blue flax chips )
- 1/2 lb Merryland organic ground beef
- 2tsp- 4tsp herbamare
- Cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded L’’Ancentre organic medium cheddar cheese
Array of toppings such as:
- Fresh corn
- Diced bell pepper
- Red onion
- Fresh tomatoes
- Diced avocados
- Organic black beans
- Fresh herbs ( chives, basil, thyme, etc)
Sauces or drizzles such as:
- Sunflower kitchen zesto pesto
- Sour cream
- Barbecue sauce
- Brown your ground beef in a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil, herbamare, and pepper.
- Place corn chips onto a baking sheet and top with all your toppings excluding the fresh tomatoes and sauces which can make the nachos soggy.
- Top it off with shredded cheese and broil till cheese is melted and bubbling. Drizzle with the sauces of your choice and sliced tomatoes, avocados, and fresh basil.
We have a special relationship with Merrylynd Organics and have worked closely with this local family farm for many years.
Merrylynd Farm beef is traditionally raised according to certified organic practices and standards which ensures no pesticide, antibiotic, hormone or GMO use. They practice humane methods with regulated access to open green pastures and are only supplemented with feed from their own farm hay production during the winter months. The entire farm is certified organic by Ecocert Canada. Located just half an hour outside of Peterborough in Douro-Dummer, Merrylynd Organics is as local as it gets!
We now offer Merrylynd Organics Lean Ground Beef for value price of $8.99 per pound as a part of our Jo Anne’s Place Essentials!