22 Sep Healthy Chicken Fingers
Eating on a budget can be challenging when it comes to buying organic high-quality meat. But if you get a little creative you can make that meat to a long way without compromising for a lower quality. For example. Yorkshire Valley Farms’ chicken is an organic high-quality meat and the flavour is beyond compare. We’ll show how you in this recipe how you can take just two chicken breasts and feed a family of 6.
- Yorkshire Valley Farms boneless organic chicken breasts
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup flour of choice
- 1/2 cup almond flour or bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground garlic
- 1 tsp ground onion
- 1 tsp herbamare
- Pepper to taste
- First thaw your chicken. Then create one horizontal cut through the middle of the chicken breasts.
- Then slice vertically to create 14 think chicken strips. Next set up your dredging station. In your first bowl add 1/2 cup flour. In the second bowl crack and whisk 2 eggs. Then in the third bowl mix 1/2 cup almond flour (or alternatively breadcrumbs), 1 tsp ground garlic, 1 tsp ground onion, 1 tsp herbamare, and some cracked black pepper.
- Heat up 1/2 cup oil (we used coconut oil) in a pan to medium heat. Then take one chicken strip at a time and place it into the first bowl of flour to cover, then the second and third bowls until well coated.
- Carefully place into the hot oiled pan. Cook on each side for about 2-3 min each or until fully cooked through which could vary depending on the size of your chicken strip.
- Serve with a plate of fresh veggies and your favourite dip!
At Jo Anne’s Place, we now offer Yorkshire Valley Farms boneless organic chicken breasts and A. Vogel Original Herbamare for value prices as a part of our Jo Anne’s Place Essentials! See More