22 Sep Breakfast Oatmeal Bake
Take your breakfast game to a whole new level with our delicious oatmeal bake!
- 2 cups oats (Jo Anne’s organic brand)
- 1 1/2 cup yogurt (Saugeen yogurt)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Splash of vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup berries or fruit of your choice (we used stalbush blueberries)
- In the evening mix your oats with yogurt and water. Cover and let sit to soak overnight.
- Soaking the oats with something acidic like yogurt, lemon juice, buttermilk, etc. allows the grains to be easily digested and increases mineral absorption.
- In the morning preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then combine your soaked oats mixture with the rest of the ingredients listed and fold in your berries of choice. This is where you can get creative. You could add 1 cup of fresh fruit or frozen berries and create flavour combos such as : raspberry lemon, apple cinnamon, or blueberry vanilla.
- Pour the batter into an oven proof pie dish or cast iron pan and bake at 350 for 30-40 min or until golden brown and cooked through. Serve warm with a dollop of butter and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Organic is important to us because we care about your health, and the health of our earth. We now offer our certified organic large 5lb oat flakes for value price of $8.49 as a part of our Jo Anne’s Place Essentials!