01 Feb Simple DIY Hemp milk
Did you know that hemp seeds contain all nine essential amino acids? These wonder seeds can reduce risk of heart disease, support healthy weight loss, aid digestion, and even improve hair, skin & nail health. Rich in protein, fiber, and other important nutrients, adding hemp seeds to your diet is a great way to maintain healthy nutrition.
With this in mind, we are excited to share with you a simple recipe to incorporate hemp hearts/seeds into your diet – as milk!
• 1/2 cup organic hemp seeds
• 4 cups of filtered water
• 1-3 organic dates (depending on how sweet you like your milk)
• Pinch of salt
- Combine ingredients in a blender and blend for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
- Sample the milk to see if it’s sweet enough to your liking.
- You do not have to strain hemp milk, as with many other nut or seed based milks. But if you wish to, you can use cheesecloth, nut milk bag or an old t-shirt.
- Simply pour into a glass jar and store in the fridge. Enjoy!