29 Oct Hearty Vegetarian Soup
Posted at 13:17h in Recipe
It’s time to enjoy some good hearty crock pot meals! We’re excited to share this vegetarian soup recipe with our in-store registered holistic nutritionist, Marissa.
Prep Time: 30 minutes prep, 8 hours cooking
Watch more on our YouTube Channel
- 1 medium yellow 0nion, diced
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 cups yellow split peas (dry/uncooked)
- 8 cups organic vegetable broth
- 4 cups kale leaves, chopped
- In your slow cooker, add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme and dried split peas.
- Pour the broth over all ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours. Stir every few hours to prevent the split peas from sticking to the bottom.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking, add chopped kale. Once the kale is wilted, season to taste with salt and pepper.