29 Jul Chicken Pot Pie
Creamy, comforting and filling is the perfect description for this classic chicken pot pie. Packed with flavour & loads of veggies, it tastes so much better than any freezer or store-bought pot pie. Having Wholesome pie crusts and a pack of mixed veg on hand in your freezer makes this an easy meal you can whip together anyway of the week!
- Wholly Wholesome gluten free pie shells (comes in a pk of two)
- organic, free range chicken, 1-2 breasts or a handful of tenders (we used chicken from Yorkshire Valley Farms)
- 2 cups mixed organic veggies
- 1 cup chopped organic potatoes (feel free to leave the skins on)
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- Couple sprigs of fresh rosemary, thyme, sage or 1 tsp of each dried
- 1 tsp herbamare
- 1/2-1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cream
- In a skillet, heat up some olive oil and add your chopped onion and minced garlic to sauté.
- Next mix in your herbs, cracked pepper and herbamare.
- Then add your chicken and sauté till cooked through and cut into bit sized pieces.
- Add your mixed vegetables and diced potatoes and stir for 2-3 min.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables and chicken mix and stir to coat. Pour in your chicken broth and cream and stir till a thick sauce forms.
- Pour mix into uncooked pie shell and cover with second pie shell. Gentle lift second pie shells off to create a lid to the pot pie and cut three slits into top of shell to allow ventilation and pinch the edge of the pie with a fork to seal the two pie shells together.
- Bake in oven at 350 for 35-45 min until golden brown.