20 Nov Fresh Elderberry Syrup
Posted at 14:19h in Recipe
Elderberry syrup is of our favourite immune remedies because of how delicious, simple & cost-effective it is! This is how we like to make it…PC: Julia Luymes
- 1/2 cup dried elderberries
- 2 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 tbs fresh ginger
- 1 cup raw honey
*If you’d prefer more of an elderberry “juice”, simply add more water and less honey. Or if you prefer the syrup to be thicker, simply add more honey.PC: Julia Luymes
- Bring the elderberries, water, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger to a boil.
- Cover and simmer on low for approx 40 minutes.
- Use cheese or nut cloth to drain the liquid, pressing as much liquid as possible out of the berries
- Add the raw honey and mix
- Store in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to 60 days
We’d love to hear how you make yours!
Tag us on social media @joannesplace @joannesplacehealthfoods