11 Nov Stuffed acorn squash with turkey sausage, apple & quinoa
Posted at 01:36h in Recipe
Recipe by Jessica Kirschner @thepairadigm
- 2 regular sized acorn squash
- Plain goat cream cheese (apple cinnamon or honey would also be lovely)
- 2tsp fresh or dried rosemary
- 2 chopped apples
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 onion
- 3 turkey sausages
- 2-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of quinoa
- Cut squash in half.
- Scoop out the seeds and place face down on baking sheet.
- Roast for 30-40 min till fork easily pierces through.
- Preheat oven for 400
- Cook a cup of quinoa
- Once cooked mix with salt and pepper
- Stir till combined then set aside In frying pan, sate half an onion and 2-4 cloves of garlic
- Cut up 3 turkey sausages (we use Yorkshire wieners)
- Once caramelized and browned, add to quinoa mixture with a handful of soft goat cheese. Stir to combine.
- Once squash is finished, remove from oven, flip face up and fill with the stuffing.
- Top with leftover goat cheese and place back in oven at 350 till cheese is melted.
- Some might choose to garnish with fresh greens, maple syrup, light balsamic.