03 Jul Summer Berry Salad with Homemade Dressing
- fresh organic spinach and/or arugula
- fresh organic berries (we used strawberries,& blueberries)
- fresh organic kiwis (1-2)
- handful of raw organic pecans
- handful of fresh organic sprouts
- chunks of cheese to taste
*pretty much any ripe fruit you want to use like grapes, apples, or pears would be a delicious addition
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 -2 pitted dates depending on your desired sweetness
- 1/4 cup of avocado oil
- 1/2 cup water
Toss spinach and arugula together, cut up strawberries, cheese and onion and combine with berries and pecans. Feel free to chop up the pecans into smaller pieces if you prefer or leave whole.
For the dressing:
Soak dates in hot water until soft if needed. Then place berries, water, dates in blender on high till puréed. Then while blender is on low take the plastic cap on lid off and slowly pour in oil to combine. Pour onto your salad and mix loosely. Store leftovers in air-tight glass container and keep in fridge or freeze.
Enjoy!Recipe by Jessica Kirschner