09 May Easy & Healthy Mother’s Day Breaky
Posted at 17:58h in Recipe
Spoil the most important woman in your life with this simply delicious breakfast!
- Almond or coconut yogurt
- Granola (we used Manitoba Harvest)
- Frozen or fresh berries
- Optional: Coconut flakes, hemp hearts (seeds) jam
Directions: Simply layer ingredients in a cute glass! Be sure to sprinkle the prettiest berries on the very top.
Blueberry lemon scones (paleo, gluten free and dairy free)
- 1 cup Blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut flour (sifted)
- 3 tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 cup Nut milk
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup frozen Blueberries
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar ,sea salt, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together coconut oil, nut milk, vanilla extract, zest of one lemon and an egg.
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients. Let it sit for about five minutes. Then fold the blueberries into the dough.
- Place the dough onto the lined pan and form a circle shape, about 1 inch thick.
- Cut into triangular pieces. Move the pieces apart to bake.
- Bake for about 18-22 minutes until slightly firm to touch.
*remember, paleo baked goods don’t “fluff up” the same but they are just as tasty!
The scones can be made the day before and warmed up slightly for yummiest results.
Serve with fresh fruit and your mama’s favourite hot drink!
Happy Mother’s Day!