31 Dec Super Detox Salad
Detoxing doesn’t have to be boring…try this combination of greens, grains and nuts for great variety in taste, texture & colour!
Makes 6-8 servings
- ¼ cup shredded red cabbage
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups romaine or salad greens, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup mint, coarsely chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- ¼ cup cilantro or parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- 1 avocado, cubed (if available)
- chopped radishes to taste
- ¼ cup frozen or fresh if possible, peas
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons natural almonds, quartered
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine the rainbow slaw, greens, red pepper and herbs in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle with avocado, tomatoes and peas. Top with sesame seeds and almonds.
- To make the dressing, whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by Jackie DeKnock