09 Oct Golden Turmeric Milk
Posted at 15:46h in Recipe
Did you know that turmeric root’s active ingredient curcumin is one of nature’s most powerful anti-inflammatory herbs. Turmeric milk or tea is a popular beverage throughout Asia and is known by some as “liquid gold.”
Prep Time : 20m
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (unsweetened almond or coconut milk)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or preferred sweetner
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (powder or grated root)
- Add a pinch of black pepper to increase absorption
- Ground cinnamon (for serving)
1. Pour coconut milk and water into saucepan and warm for 2 minutes.
2. Add in coconut oil, honey, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric and pepper for another 2 minutes.
3. Taste and add more coconut milk if you prefer.
4. Stir and pour into glasses.
Recipe by Jackie DeKnock, Owner of Gourmet Safari