27 Sep Maple Glazed Root Vegetable Medley
Posted at 16:07h in Recipe
Cook time: 45 min / Prep time: 30min
- 4 large carrots, peeled
- 8 large parsnips, peeled
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled & seeded
- 2 large shallots, peeled and quartered
- 3 tablespoons dark maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (has to be fresh!)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried thyme (3 teaspoons fresh)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Cut the vegetables into 1 inch (2.5 cm dice) and place in a large bowl. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the maple syrup, olive oil, nutmeg and cinnamon, pour over the vegetables and toss to coat. Place the vegetables, plus shallots on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bake at for about 30-45 minutes until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned. Turn vegetables several times during baking so that they cook evenly and are fork tender. Do not allow vegetables to become too browned, or they may become bitter.
Recipe by Jackie DeKnock of Gourmet Safari