21 Aug Thai Peanut Sauce
Serves: depends on the dish you’re serving it with
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (taste first)
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter (creamy or chunky, your preference)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1/8 cup sweetner, your favourite (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoons white vinegar (cider or rice vinegar work well)
- ¼ cup water
- chopped peanuts (optional)
- Put everything into a medium heavy-bottomed pot and bring to a very gentle boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Let the mixture simmer for 3-5 minutes over low heat, being careful not to let the mixture scorch on the bottom of the pot.
- Remove from heat, mix in chopped peanuts if using, and serve immediately.
- The sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for weeks. It will thicken up, so feel free to mix in a little water when reheating to get the desired consistency.
Recipe by Jackie DeKnock of Gourmet Safari