21 Aug Keto-friendly Pecan Chocolate Bars
Posted at 14:59h in Recipe
- 1 ¼ cups pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup whole Chia seeds
- ¼ tsp Stevia, to taste
- ½ cup Collagen Powder (I used Naka Pro-Collagen)
- ½ cup Protein Powder (I used Prairie Naturals Sprouted Brown Rice Protein)
- 1/3 cup organic dark chocolate, 70%+ (I used Lily’s chocolate chips or use Green + Black’s)
- ½ cup cocoa butter wafers
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extact
- Chop pecans and combine with coconut flour, chia seeds, stevia and collagen/protein powders.
- Melt chocolate and cocoa butter in a double boiler on medium heat.
- Once melted, remove from heat and add almond butter and vanilla.
- Combine chocolate mixture with the dry ingredients to create a dry dough-like mixture. Mix well.
- Line a 20 X 20 cm (8 X 8 inch) baking pan with parchment paper and spread mixture evenly and press firmly.
- Chill for 1 hour and slice bars into 6 rows by 2 columns. Best eaten frozen!
Recipe by Jackie DeKnock of Gourmet Safari