29 Apr Hearty Vegetarian Soup
It’s time to enjoy some good hearty crock pot meals! We’re excited to share this vegetarian soup recipe with our in-store registered holistic nutritionist, Marissa!
Photography by Julia Luymes
Prep Time: 30 minutes (see directions for cooking time)
- 1 Yellow Onion (medium, diced)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 2 Carrot (medium, diced)
- 2 stalks Celery (diced)
- 1 tbsp Dried Thyme
- 2 cups Yellow Split Peas (dry/uncooked)
- 8 cups Organic Vegetable Broth
- 4 cups Kale Leaves (chopped)
- In your slow cooker, add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme and dried split peas.
- Pour the broth over all ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours. Stir every few hours to prevent the split peas from sticking to the bottom.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking, add chopped kale. Once the kale is wilted, season to taste with salt and pepper.