20 Apr Jane’s Granola Bars
Posted at 19:45h in Recipe
Delicious, nutty perfection is just 20 minutes away!
Photography by Julia Luymes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups oats
- 2/3 cup organic coconut sugar or sucanat sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, gluten-free all purpose flour or light spelt flour (if you wish to add vegan protein or maca powder simply decrease the amount of flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of any dry combination: sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, brown rice crispies, enjoy life dairy-free chocolate chips, dried fruit, coconut flakes, dates, macadamia nuts…the sky is the limit!
- Mix all ingredients in one bowl
- Press into greased pan, 9×13. The dough will be very dry and crumbly, but don’t worry! It’ll turn out beautifully. Press until dough forms with pan.
- Bake at 325 for 20 minutes or until edges are browned. Take out and let cool entirely.
- Cut into stripes and store in snack sized bags.
- You can also have fun by drizzling melted chocolate over the top!
Recipe by our friend Jane MacKay Cook, Yoga Instructor at Salti Yoga amongst many other things!