03 Apr Why I Use Maca … and Love It
Written by Cheryl Emery
First, a little something about maca. Maca, or lepidium meyenii, is an ancient Peruvian root crop grown in the highest altitudes on Earth. It belongs to the radish family and has grown in popularity as a supplement and superfood.
BENEFITS OF MACA
• Maca is a rich source of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids (20) antioxidants, protein, & EFAs
• Helps with adrenal fatigue, reducing stress hormones (*which is what initially drew me to exploring this plant more)
• Balances hormones, helps to relieve menstural and menopause issues
• Increases energy, stamina and endurance
• Mental focus
• Fertility and libido in both male and female
• Boosts immune system
• Enhances muscle gaining capabilities and bone strength
• Good for skin – particularly acne
• Maintains blood pressure
ARE ALL VARIETIES OF MACA THE SAME?
Varieties of maca do have slight differences, these are the basics:
1. Red: predominantly a female choice but also supports prostate health
2. Black: more a man’s choice except red for prostate
3. Yellow: most common and good for women also
4. Gelatinized: Because it is heated easier to digest for some people with sensitive digestive issues however loses some of it’s potency
You can now understand why Maca has become a favourite supplement of mine! Never tried Maca before? All varieties of our maca from ECOIDEAS is on sale this month, from April 2nd – 30th!
227GWritten by Cheryl Emery, Associate at our Lansdowne Store