27 Mar DIY Facial Cleanser
Did you know that cleansing topically with oil is great for all types of skin conditions? Even celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow are getting on board with oil cleansing! Additionally, creating your own blend means you can avoid products with plastic mirco-beads which are so harmful to the environment. There’s really no negative to DIYing a facial cleanser; it’s eco-friendly, cost-effective & feels amazing.
- 5 ml castor oil
- 20ml jojoba
- 3 drops frankincense (awaken my senses)
- 3 drops lavender (awaken my senses)
Jojoba is a great carrier oil to use because it mimics our body’s natural sebum, while castor oil helps to draw out impurities. Lavender is antibacterial, and helps soothe the skin. Frankincense is also great for cell renewal and works to prevent wrinkles.
- Carefully place each amount into a small glass container and shake or stir until combined.
- Gently wash skin with lukewarm water.
- Massage a small amount of the cleanser over face and neck.
- Wipe excess oil off with a reusable wipe. We like cheeks ahoy for this method because they’re super soft and gentle on the skin.
*Caution: try on a small patch of skin to ensure there is no adverse reaction.
And there you have it! Be sure check out the video we made with Kaitlyn below! Watch Video