18 Jan Rainbow Quinoa Bowl
Posted at 16:26h in Recipe
With Red Pepper, Edamame & Tarragon4 servings, 1 1/2 cups each
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup drained and diced jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or almonds, toasted
- Toast red quinoa in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring often, until it becomes aromatic and begins to crackle, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a fine sieve and rinse thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the quinoa and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook gently for 8 minutes. Remove the lid and, without disturbing the quinoa, add edamame. Cover and continue to cook until the edamame and quinoa are tender, 7 to 8 minutes longer. Drain any remaining water, if necessary.
- Whisk lemon zest and juice, oil, tarragon and salt in a large bowl. Add peppers and the quinoa mixture. Toss to combine. Divide among 4 plates and top with toasted walnuts. To toast nuts: Cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes.
Recipe by Jackie DeKnock, Owner of Gourmet Safari