18 Jan Erin’s Tea Buns
Wellness Champion Erin Ellenberger-March makes “veganizing” recipes simple & delicious! We’re big fans of Erin’s artful blog and are excited to share one of her most popular & sought-after recipes…daily tea buns!
Ingredients & Directions:
Wisk together dry ingredients:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup butter alternative like vegan becelca or earthbalance
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
Blend together with pastry blender until you have a coarse crumble.
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- optional: handful of vegan chocolate chips or shredded coconut
Blend with a fork until just holding together then turn out into floured surface to knead lightly just until it comes together.
Shape it into a rectangle about an inch thick on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Then cut into 12 squares without separating.
- a bit of non-dairy milk
- sprinkle with cinnamon/coconut sugar
Bake at 450 for about 18-20 minutes or until golden
Follow Erin’s honest wellness journey for vegan tips, recipes, & beautiful photography!