13 Jan Mexican Quinoa Bowl
Posted at 20:53h in Recipe
w/ orange, lime, chili dressing
Prep Time : 30m Servings: 6
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (1/2 cup red or white uncooked)
- 5-6 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned corn
- 1 cup cooked black beans (seasoned with equal pinches sea salt, cumin, chili, + garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 orange, segmented
- 1/2 ripe avocado, chopped (if available)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 large lime, juiced (4 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoon orange juice
- 1-2 teaspoon sweetener of choice (maple syrup, agave etc)
- 1-2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder or chipotle powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 3-4 tablespoons avocado oil
- Rinse quinoa and bring to a boil with 1 cup water in a small saucepan.
- Once boiling, reduce to simmer, cover/cook 15-20 mins.
- Prepare salad ingredients by chopping vegetables, segmenting orange, and warming black beans and seasoning with salt, cumin, chili and garlic powder.
- Prepare dressing by adding all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blending until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Plate salad ingredients together individually per bowl and serve with dressing on the side.
Recipe by Jackie DeKnock, Owner of Gourmet Safari